Thursday, April 30, 2020

Week 13 post

I believe that a digital footprint is what is considered to be the personal information that is left on websites or other digital subjects like games. Personally, from what I've experienced throughout my years, from my iPad to present time, there are many places that would ask for personal information. Though, probably the most popular sites/apps that would use your information would be Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, or even apps like ifunny. I've used many different websites where I would have to give out personal information. The most popular worldwide would be Facebook, though the main reason would be so I could save my game data because it would not save on programs like iCloud. Though, I find Facebook or Google to be two of the most dangerous because it's one of the online systems to ask for the most information. Google can be seen as a dangerous website because people would usually make multiple emails with the system which in turn usually would be giving out private information. Some of this personal information being first and last name, email, phone number, and address. Additionally, like many other people, I would use websites to stream anime or other TV shows. Though most of these sites would only require private information such as email, you would also usually give a username and password. These websites would usually don't make you feel as unsafe because it wouldn't ask for too much information and you could always place a fake email if you don't choose to place your personal one. Many of the ones that I would consider, if you wanted to watch something, would be websites such as Kissanime or possibly movie websites like 123movies, where it gives you a variety of choices to watch without requiring an account to access. The only time they would require you to give information is if you wanted to download an episode. Although they don't ask for much, it's still true that people could access a lot of information from just an email address.

About Digital Tech // EIT Digital

No comments:

Post a Comment